Smart911 is a free mobile app that allows users to create a safety profile that provides emergency responders with vital information in case of an emergency. The app is available in the United States and is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
The safety profile created by the user can include information such as the user's name, address, medical conditions, allergies, medications, emergency contacts, and other information that may be helpful to emergency responders in case of an emergency.
When a user calls 911, their safety profile is automatically displayed to the dispatcher, providing them with critical information that can help them make more informed decisions and respond to the emergency more effectively.
In addition to the safety profile, the Smart911 app also includes features such as the ability to receive emergency alerts and notifications from local authorities, as well as the ability to connect with 911 via text message in areas where text-to-911 is available.
How to Register Your Household
- To receive weather alerts, go to the alerts tab located on the right side of the webpage and click “opt-in now.”
- Enter your notification preferences (email-phone-text) and select how your preference.
- To opt-out and remove weather alerts, log into your Smart911 account, select “edit alerts” located at the top right of the page. Select and remove the check on “notification preferences.”
- To remove your Smart911 account, click on “account settings” in the toolbar at the top of the page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “remove account.”
- You can also sign up and remove alerts or accounts on the Smart911 App. The settings tab located at the bottom of the Smart 911 App allows you to complete all edits.