The next Town of Prosper General Election takes place on Saturday, May 6, 2023, for the positions of Place 3 and Place 5. Read more about the May 2023 General Election (PDF).
The Prosper Town Charter sets forth the following requirements to file as a candidate for Town Council: Qualifications for Town Council.
Eligible candidates may file to run for a place on the Town Council by submitting an Application (PDF) and a Campaign Treasurer Appointment form (PDF). A full candidate packet is available in the Town Secretary's office.
- First day to file for a place on the ballot - Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Last day to file for a place on the ballot - Friday, February 17, 2023
- Last day to register to vote - Thursday, April 6, 2023
- First day of Early Voting - Monday, April 24, 2023
- Last day to accept an Application for a Ballot by Mail - Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Last day of Early Voting - Tuesday, May 2, 2023
- Election Day - Saturday, May 6, 2023
The Town of Prosper is situated in two counties: Denton and Collin. To register to vote or change your voter registration information, please contact your county's Elections Administration.
Voter ID Requirements
The Texas Secretary of State has issued new photo ID requirements for Texas voters. Find out about photo ID requirements.
The Secretary of State serves as the Chief Election Officer for the state of Texas, assisting county election officials and ensuring the uniform application and interpretation of election laws through the state. This office may be contacted at 800-252-VOTE (8683) or 512-463-5650 or via the website.
The Texas Ethics Commission provides guidance to candidates and political parties to maintain equality for all involved in the election process. The Commission may be contacted at 512-463-5800 or via the website.
Please contact the Town Secretary's office with any election questions.