Mayor's Youth Advisory Council
Applications for the 2024 MYAC Are Now Closed.
Thank you to all the students who applied. Decisions regarding the MYAC council will be made by December 15, 2023. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
Mayor Bristol established the Mayor's Youth Advisory Council (MYAC) with a mission to develop service leaders among Prosper's youth. The MYAC plays a pivotal role in offering guidance to the Town Council on youth-related issues, assisting with special initiatives, designing and implementing youth-centered events, and serving as ambassadors for the Town of Prosper. MYAC members lead by example, inspiring positive change within their community.
Benefits of joining the Mayor's Youth Advisory Council:
- Develop leadership skills while learning about the mechanics of local government
- Act as a youth ambassador in Prosper by participating in and doing outreach around youth initiatives.
- Work directly with government and business leaders in and around Prosper.
- Strengthen college applications and resumes by demonstrating a commitment to community service, leadership, and engagement.
- Make a positive impact and inspire your peers!
- Attend monthly meetings and Town Council reception (see schedule below).
- Provide advisory input on Town programs and initiatives.
- Maintain a positive attitude and engage in teamwork alongside fellow peers.
- Be a Prosper Resident, residing within the borders of Prosper (including Artesia).
- Be a student in grades 11-12 as of the 2023-2024 school year.
- Demonstrate leadership in school and/or community activities.
- Be enrolled in Prosper ISD, charter, private, or home school equivalent.
- Commit to a term from January 2024 to May 2024.
- Submit the completed application, video, teacher recommendation, and parental consent forms by November 17, 2023.
- Mayor David Bristol
- Select Prosper Community Engagement Committee Members (CEC)
MYAC 2024 Meeting Schedule
All meetings will be held at Town Hall located at 250 W. First St., Prosper, TX, 75078.
|Wednesday, January 24, 2024||5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, February 28, 2024||5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, March 27, 2024||5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, April 24, 2024||5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 28, 2024||5:00 p.m.|
If you have questions or would like to know more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.