Parks & Trails
Neighborhood Parks, Trails and Facilities
Prosper's accessible parks and playgrounds encompass 634 acres of open spaces, recreational venues, and facilities for sports and fitness. There are 52 developed miles of hike and bike trail in Prosper.
List of Prosper Parks and Facilities:
- Boyer Park – Passive pocket park with two lanai structures, benches, a drinking fountain, wall of children’s handprint tiles, and a Demonstration Garden. A sensory, educational garden has been planted to offer a serene space for all ages. Eighty Texas-friendly flowers and numerous herbs, including rosemary, oregano, dill, and fennel, are expected to be ready to welcome visitors in Spring 2024.
- Cedar Grove Park – Neighborhood park features a looped hike and bike trail, nature area, parking, and irrigated open space area.
- Eagles Landing Park – Neighborhood park with lighted baseball field, softball field, t-ball field, backstop, lighted multi-purpose field, portable restrooms, and walking trail.
- Folsom Park – Neighborhood park with a lighted soccer field, backstops, a walking trail, playground, parking and a pond.
- Frontier Park – Community park featuring a sports complex with lighted soccer fields, two lighted synthetic turf multipurpose fields, three lighted synthetic turf softball/baseball fields, three lighted baseball fields, two lighted softball fields, three backstops, four lighted batting cages and three restroom/concession structures. The park also includes an additional restroom, a walking trail, a pond (catch and release only), hike and bike trail, a community-built playground (Windmill Playground), a pavilion structure, and splash pad. The splash pad is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Hackberry Park – Neighborhood park with two playgrounds, pavilion, open space, two backstops, two half basketball courts (one lined for pickleball) and a looped hike and bike trail.
- Hays Park – Pocket park with playground, open lawn space and wildflower area. Termed a pocket park because of its proximity to a specific neighborhood and lack of a large parking lot, Hays Park is among the parks typically accessed by residents on foot.
- Lakewood Park, Phase II – Neighborhood park amenities include a 2-12 playground unit, swing sets, natural areas, and a 10′ hike and bike trail. The playground was selected a Playcore National Demonstration Site program for NatureGrounds.
- Pecan Grove Park – Neighborhood park features a pond, playground, creek, picnic tables, park benches, open playing fields and trails for hiking and biking. Construction has begun on Phase Two of the park which will add a playground and a pavilion adjacent to the existing playground, as well as walking trail and creek improvements.
- Prairie Park – Neighborhood park with irrigated open space, a playground with western-themed play equipment, large pavilion shelter, basketball courts, two backstops, picnic tables, benches and loop hike and bike trail.
- Preston Lakes Park – Neighborhood park includes open space, a playground and a looped hike and bike trail.
- Prosper Center Park Property – This park offers a public playground near Stuber Elementary and a disc golf course adjacent to First Street. Sections of this park property are not yet developed.
- Raymond Community Park - Planned Community park with sports complex with pickleball courts, playground, parking, restrooms, landscape and irrigation. Target construction 2024-2025. For more details on this project view the Raymond Community Park Phase 1 Design Project (PDF) and view the video update.
- Reynolds Middle School Tennis Courts – Facility with four lighted tennis courts. The Town of Prosper utilizes the Reynold Middle School Tennis courts in conjunction with Prosper ISD. Town classes and camps are reserved in advance and receive priority over open play on the courts. Dates and times of Parks & Recreation Tennis camps and classes are posted at the courts.
- The Town also post signage at the courts with details pertaining to class times and dates.
- Star Meadow Park - Neighborhood park with playground, half basketball court, two backstops, pavilion with four picnic tables, benches, and a loop trail.
- Star Trace Park – Neighborhood park with playground equipped with basketball court, backstops, picnic tables, pavilion, benches and a loop trail.
- Tanner's Mill Park - Neighborhood park with playground, pavilion, basketball court, and walking trails.
- Town Lake Park (Greenspoint) – This entrance to Town Lake Park provides access to the 27-acre stocked lake (catch and release, please) , fishing dock, hike and bike trails and picnic areas. Kayaking, canoeing and non-motorized boating are allowed.
- Town Lake Park (Whispering Farms) – This entrance to Town Lake Park provides access to the 27-acre stocked lake (catch and release, please), parking, gazebo and fishing dock. Kayaking, canoeing and non-motorized boating are allowed.
- Tucker Park – Pocket park with hike and bike trails, an open space field and parking.
- Whitley Place Park – Neighborhood park offers fishing, parking, pavilion, and hike and bike trails.
- Windsong Park – Neighborhood park features an irrigated open space, two backstops, a playground set (designed for ages 2-5 and 5-12), swing set and a looped hike and bike trail.