- Communication & Community Engagement
Communication & Community Engagement
The Town of Prosper recognizes that good communication is a fundamental obligation of a responsive and transparent government, and an essential component of an engaged and informed community. Through consistent, accurate, and timely communication, the Town of Prosper can increase resident participation in government, enhance community pride, and instill a high level of public confidence.
The Town of Prosper Communications and Community Engagement Department is guided by the following principles that support effective municipal communication:
- Tell Our Own Story
- Be Proactive vs. Reactive
- Use a Centralized Approach
- Promote Open, Two-Way Communication
- Maintain Consistent Messaging
- Build Relationships
- Never Stop Learning
These principles will help coordinate and manage the communication activities of Town employees related to official Town business in order to ensure accuracy, consistency and timeliness in relaying information to employees, departments, members of the media, Prosper residents and the diverse information needs of the general public.
We invite you to stay informed about town meetings, programs, services, and events through our various communication channels:
- The Town website contains a wealth of information about the various Town departments and the services we offer.
- The Town of Prosper has a presence on several social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, NextDoor, and YouTube. The Prosper Police Department, Fire Department, Parks and Recreation Department, and the Community Library have their own platforms as well. See our Social Media User Guidelines and Photography and Video Policy (PDF) for more information.
- The Resident Update is a weekly e-newsletter dedicated to providing the most up-to-date information about recent and upcoming events.
- Download the myProsper app to make service requests and get quick access to Town information. The app is available for download on the App Store and Google Play.
- The Communications and Community Engagement Plan is a three-year plan to outline goals and actions. View our 2022 to 2024 Communications and Community Engagement Plan (PDF).