Prosper PD Off Duty Hiring
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, The Prosper Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers for security through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or calling the toll-free number: 1-877-636-8300.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the vendor:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the vendor, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 vendor service
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling and invoicing
- Officer payroll
Organizations that have recurring needs for off-duty officers can establish an account and schedule billing cycles with off-duty management.
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment
- Performance in department uniform of any tasks other than those of law enforcement.
- Retailers who sell, manufacture, or transport alcoholic beverages as the principal business.
- Retailers that sell pornographic materials, or provide services of a sexual nature.
- Gambling establishments not exempted by law.
Please Note: the list is not an all-inclusive and questions regarding permitted activity should be forwarded to Off Duty Management.
|Title||Total Hourly Rate|
|Officer Regular Rate||$69.00|
|Officer Traffic Rate||$74.75|
|Officer Holiday Regular||$86.24|
|Officer Holiday Traffic||$92.00|
|Supervisor Holiday Regular||$92.00|
|Supervisor Holiday Traffic||$97.75|
|Officer Emergency Regular||$86.25|
|Officer Emergency Traffic||$92.00|
|Supervisor Emergency Regular||$92.00|
|Supervisor Emergency Traffic||$97.75|
- 4 hours minimum per request.
- 24 hours prior to the start of a shift is required.
- A supervisor is required for 5 or more officers.
Holiday Rates apply 12 am to 11:59 pm on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Emergency rates apply when a request is received less than 24 hours prior to the start of the shift.
Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 48 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of officer hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. (Admin fees depend on the coverage and can range from $1.75 to $10.50 per hour.)
You can request service by visiting the Officertrak® Website or call off duty management 24/7 toll-free at 1-877-636-8300.